Saturday, May 9, 2015

SWING FLOWERS - Floral Swing Dress with Metallic Flat Thong Sandal and 'Slim Diana' Leather Flap Clutch or 'Alexandra' Large Drop Earrings in Magenta / Sequins and Things

SWING FLOWERS - Floral Swing Dress with Metallic Flat Thong Sandal and 'Slim Diana' Leather Flap Clutch or 'Alexandra' Large Drop Earrings in Magenta / Sequins and Things

Hi there! We finally made it! I had a bit of a tough week in a bunch of different areas. For one, my mom's former co-worker, Jonathan, who I mentioned in this post last week, passed away the other night. It just breaks my heart ... how suddenly things can change and people can just be ... gone. He was healthy and happy, living life changing the lives of little ones in China then he got in a sudden, tragic scooter crash and ... it changed everything. The only thing making me feel better about it is just the thought that my mom has him in Heaven with her. Y'all ... I was crying the other night reading the messages they would leave on each other's wall. They were all so silly. He adored her, and vice versa ... like mother and son. I hurt for his family but find comfort in knowing he's got a Momma with him upstairs.

Speaking of Momma's ... this weekend is going to be tough for me. Especially Sunday. Scrolling through social media with be hard. Mother's Day is when there is a big magnifying glass on who I don't have here with me anymore. I'm not trying to have a pity party but, I just want to encourage y'all to NOT worry so much about what to get your Mom for Mother's Day. The greatest gift you can give her is just yourself ... be with her, take selfies with her, text her every hour on the hour with funny quotes or sayings or inside jokes or "i love you's", help her with her computer, watch a movie with her, go for a run or walk with her, unload the dishwasher, iron some clothes, WHATEVER you can do ... as long as you're with her. Or surprise her with FaceTime or ... something. Get creative. But, your time and how you spend it is everything.

Blogger : Sequins and Things
Photo : Source

No comments:

Post a Comment