Sunday, May 31, 2015

Brows that look realistic even from right up close! OH MY WORLD! So glad I know!

When we start talking about filling brows some people get a little nervous.
Usually those are the people that have very sparse brows, bare patches or are otherwise in need of quite a bit of filling.
Is it gonna look unnatural? Or like I drew them in? Am I going to look like a crazy lady?!

The answer is no…as long as  follow some really basic tips that EVERYONE can do.

Brows that look realistic even from right up close! OH MY WORLD! So glad I know!


1. Start by filling your brow with an angled brush and a little bit of shadow. I like to use an ashy brown like MAC Brun.  (thaaat will be news to… none of you:) I fill in brows with soft short strokes rather than drawing them in in one sold line. Think of drawing a circle – when you’re a kid you just press down really hard with the pencil and make one super lopsided circle, later you learn to draw softly in short strokes to get it right. Same basic dealio.

This is where I usually call it a brow, cause I’m short on time and it actually looks quite nice, but if I have more time or if I’m planning to draw my brows in fuller/thicker than usual I’ll need to go to the next step or else they’ll look less realistic.

2. Take a very fine tipped brow liner like THIS Anastasia one and, going in the pattern your brow hair actually grows, create little hair strokes. Here again pressing down fair lightly and simple flicking the pencil.

3. If you have “wild hairs” that have a mind of their own and won’t stay in place nows the time to set them with a wax or a brow gel – whichever is your preference. I recommend Gel for those who have light brow hair that you’d like to darker/define a little more.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

For a more in depth video of my routine check HERE

Love you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment