Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Cute Way To Show Fashion

A Cute Way To Show Fashion

Photo/Source

Some of life’s largest lessons come to us when we least expect them.

At the end of my hot yoga session yesterday I began to feel exceptionally frustrated. Not because the room was 95 degrees and no, it wasn’t because I have been feeling exceptionally out of shape due to an intense travel schedule, but it was during the final few moments that the instructor lead the class into a “Yin Yoga” pose. Don’t get me wrong: I am not a “Yogi” by any means. But here I found myself drawn to take this particular music lead flow class. As I lay on my back, Sam Smith blaring on the speakers playing “Latch” {the acoustic version}, I rolled my eyes at the intense pain I felt from pulling my thigh to my chest.

I was tired.

The instructor began to explain a very valuable exercise: He asked us to breathe into the pain. Breathe into the uncomfortable feeling whether it be from our bodies restraining or our minds fighting the instinct to allow our thoughts to venture off. He said that if you fight the pain, fight the discomfort, that you are not allowing yourself to feel it. Just as we feel happiness {and enjoy it}, we must also embrace the pain. For if we do not accept the hard times, the aches and agony of whatever troubles we may face then we cannot truly understand them. If you do not understand the pain, then you cannot fully understand the joy. Rather than fighting pain, breathe through the moment and accept it for what it is.

Once your mind and body is allowed to cope with whatever agony it is that you are facing, then it will recover and accept the pure meaning of the moment.

By the end of the song I was smiling. It’s incredible how a few deep breaths can change your mood {in through your nose and out through your mouth}.


No comments:

Post a Comment